Dear Daddy.

Dear Daddy,

It’s been fourteen years since I heard your voice. So much has happened and I sometimes wonder how life would have been if you were still here. How is heaven? I’m sure you’re still touring your new home since there’s nothing like time there and from what the Bible says, you’ve probably spent only a few seconds there. I know you’re having a great time! We’re also doing well here. It hasn’t been easy but God has been faithful.

I have so much to say and many updates to give but I’ll try to keep this short. I’m still on the journey to fulfilling the promise I made to you.: I will make you proud! There have been moments I felt I couldn’t keep my word. The hills and valleys overwhelmed me but the One into whose capable hands you left me, sustained and strengthened me. There have also been times when I really wished you were here to celebrate with me. When I graduated from the university, when I overcame the fear of intimidating trucks and got my driver’s licence or even when I won a weight loss competition (don’t ask, I couldn’t believe it myself! lol).

You should see me watching other girls dance with their dads on their wedding day. I have not finished crying over the fact that you won’t be there to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day or dance with me for the father-daughter dance. Yh, it’s that bad. Don’t worry, I only do that when I’m watching those kinds of videos. Alone. On my phone (can we consider coming to an agreement with God to give you a one-day exeat for my wedding?).

You’ve joined the cloud of witnesses who are urging me to run my race with endurance but don’t you think I could have heard you better if you were here with me? I don’t know if it is selfish of me to want you here and I can’t help but think of what our relationship would have been like. I’m sure I would have followed you everywhere and asked you so many questions on what your childhood years were like and how you grew to love the Lord the way you did. How did you live with such an open heart and such bowels of compassion? You were always ready to give and although some people took advantage of your kindness, you still gave without reserve. You really left a mark on this earth and I know for sure, all of that cannot be in vain.

I just want you to know that we’re doing well and the God you loved and served has been taking care of us. I know you knew He would do just that and that’s why you were okay with leaving us. Your Duchess is done with University oo! Can you believe it? She’s now a French scholar. She’s really good even though she hates to admit this. She makes me regret not taking my French lessons serious πŸ˜…. Your Lady is now a superstar πŸ˜‰ and I know you would have been so proud if you were here. Your Prince is so on fire for Jesus and he’s your literal twin! Your Princess is also multi-talented and such a force to reckon with! Your beloved wife is waxing strong and she’s doing her best to ensure that the work goes on.

This is from my heart, daddy, saying thank you for all you did for us and the seeds you sowed which have started bearing fruit that will be harvested in due season. I hope to write to you again soon but it’s bye for now! I will always love you!!         

                                                      Your Angel,    

                                                      Rosaliz.

 



                       

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Rosaliz!! This is so beautiful! I have no shred of doubt your father is absolutely proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had met daddy before he went to be with the Lord. However I can only imagine how great a man he was looking at how his wonderful and precious children have grown up to be mighty tools in the hands of God and lovers of God. And how mummy Rosa also talks about him tells that he was a great husband.
    Today, we are enjoying the fruit of his labour. To show that we appreciate all the sacrifices he made for us, we too must now give ourselves wholly to Lord and serve the Lord as He would want us to. The Bible says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children and Daddy left us the best inheritance which no one can take from us. He left us with the LORD and he gave the LORD to us, and we too will give Him(the LORD) to the generations after us.
    Rest well Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you daddy's girl; angel Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I Love To Hear From You!

Popular

Seasons....

Cutting Corners

Made For This!