Head Held High


Dear Papa,
I believed the lie that You will never be proud of me because I hadn't reached the heights I felt I should have climbed. The unspoken expectations that hung over my head made me feel like I didn't measure up and I was disappointing the people who mattered the most. Make money, do the right thing at all times, get a second degree ... I tried to console myself by asking; "who needs to have or do these stuff anyway?" and "no one has it all together". I busied myself to shut out  thoughts of inadequacy and insignificance. Yet still, shame walked with me; an unfriendly friend that didn't want to leave me alone.
In spite of all this, You keep revealing the TRUTH that will never change.... there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus! I keep asking, “Is it really true that You don't condemn me?" In those moments, the voices in my head fade away into nothingness as I clothe myself with a garment of praise. I embrace the love You freely give and I don't ever want to go back! This love is more powerful than sin and shame and it never stops pursuing. The journey ahead is beautiful and I'm  going to enjoy every second of it. 
Help me to understand that shame has no power over me and this too shall pass! My story is unique and there's only one me! I will boldly proclaim that I am a  daughter of the King of the universe even when the road looks murky... I love You so much!
                                                               Your Child.

Hi Dear Papa Fam!
Thank you soo much for reading this piece. This season has been interesting and I just felt like sharing this with you!
Shame tries to make you believe that there is nothing more to life than the pit you're in and your story doesn't matter. It's like a wrestler that seeks to keep his opponent down. The enemy knows God's plans for you and all he has to do is to make you feel unworthy of the love of the Father and the price that was paid for you. Comparing your harmattan to someone's rainy season will make you lose sight of the lessons needed for the season you've been eagerly expecting. I want you to know that you are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus and the Father does not condemn you! It's my prayer that the shackles of shame will be broken and when the enemy comes in to whisper lies, we'll face him with our heads held high! Let's praise Him through the storm๐Ÿ™Œ! I love you all! God bless you!
                                                                Rosaliz❤.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
I've shared my heart with you over a period of time and I must say it has been amazing!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Today, I'm here to ask you to share yours with me. I'm open to ideas on what you want to see on the Dear Papa blog. More letters? Life experiences? You name it! 
Please post your suggestions  on what you want to see by clicking on 'Hit Me Up!' or send an email to dearpapaa@gmail.com!
If you have a story about your journey that you feel will bless others, please do well to send it to the email address. I'll be featuring these stories bi-monthly!
Please follow Dear Papa (@dearpapa1)  on Instagram as well! I'm soo grateful for your support. Y'all are the best!!❤❤❤


Comments

  1. Wooow! Very inspiring Rosie. Hmmm... No need for comparison, God isn't disappointed in me... Bless you dear๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rosie!! So blessed❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I Love To Hear From You!

Popular

Seasons....

Made For This!

Cutting Corners