The Year 2020


Dear Papa,

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! 

Words cannot describe how grateful I am. I know You know what’s in my heart to say, but I’ll say It anyway.

2020 began with so much joy, hope, and enthusiasm. It was my year of  20/20 vision. I went on a missions trip and my heart was opened to the people You created and love soo much. Please help me to keep those memories in my heart and always remember what it feels like to love without expecting anything in return.

I was very excited about what you were going to do with the rest of the year. Then, the unexpected happened. COVID struck! Many thoughts flooded my mind and before I could come to terms with the fact that the world I knew would never be the same again, another tragedy occurred. A loved one fell sick and all I could do was look to You. Visits to the hospital and seeing how fear of an unseen enemy caused a hospital to transfer her to another hospital after a day of not administering proper treatment to her angered and almost broke me. Through it all, You strengthened me and You healed her!

Right  after this, the lockdown happened and I was devastated because it was two days before my birthday. Yet again, you surprised me! I got gifts I didn’t expect  and my day was amazing.

I won’t lie that the months that went by were not hard because they were! I tried to keep myself busy by trying new things out and I must admit I had fun. I loved the moments I spent with You. I won’t act like I had it all together or everything was perfect but I know You  held my hands and saw me through.

When the Lockdown was lifted, I told myself: “At least the rest of the year is going to work how it’s supposed to.” And Oh how my theory failed! Yet another blow! I thought I had experienced it all but  I guess there was more fire to walk through. A pillar in my life fell seriously ill and my world was plunged into an abyss of despair. I prayed, I cried, and I just felt lost. I was just existing. You came through again! Papa, I don’t know how to describe how I felt when she was discharged after the many trips to and from the hospital. From then to this day, You have just shown us Your faithfulness day after day.

There are sooo many things I could mention. Many answered prayers. Connections I know will last a life time and indescribable deliverances! 

Today, as I close the chapter, 2020, I just want to let You know that I really appreciate You. Thank You for being my:

Father: You loved me even when I was’ unlovable’.

Saviour: You saved me from myself 

Lover: Your love for me is unfathomable.

Friend: You listened when there was no one to talk to.

Protector: You didn’t allow the enemy to touch me.

Deliverer: You watched over me and kept me alive.

Provider: You gave me more than I imagined.

Healer: You healed me and gave me strength when I felt like I couldn’t go on.

 

I know that this battlefield called 2020 was preparing me for what  Is yet to come. I know You’re still working and I can boldly say: “MY GOD DID NOT FAIL!” I love You very much and I can’t wait to see what You’ve prepared for me in the days to come.

 

                                                           Your Child.


                     

                                                                                             

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Dear Papa Fam!

I know it’s been a while since I posted anything here. I went through a lot during these past few months and I had to devote all my attention and time to other things but I’m back by God’s grace and I’m so grateful to Him for  giving me the strength to do this today. I’m thankful to God for you all. Thank You for supporting me by reading my posts and leaving comments. May we enter the new year stronger and better! I love you all!!

    

                                                                                    Rosaliz

Comments

Post a Comment

I Love To Hear From You!

Popular

Seasons....

Cutting Corners

Made For This!