The Journey Thus Far...



Hey People! So, today I’ve set out to tell you about myself and how Dear Papa came about…
I was born one Sunday dawn at Midway Hospital in beautiful Ghana (singing: Those who’re born on Sunday, come in and dance…💃💃). My name Rosaliz is a coinage of two names; Rosamond and Elizabeth (thank God they came up with this brilliant idea! Sooo unique! I know right?!😉😎)
Growing up as a pastor’s kid in Ghana, I had an interesting childhood characterized by many moments of joy and some moments of sorrow. As a child, I was a daddy’s girl through and through. My father was my hero and the one I looked up to. I felt he was the only one who really ‘got’ me (Well, mostly because I would run to him when I had been naughty, to escape from my siblings; my brother most especially). I loved his laugh and how it resounded in the house. It could make you laugh even when you didn’t know what he was laughing about (I kid you not😂).
When I was a little girl, I could feel the pressure of being an example because of the tag ‘Osofo ba’(Boy, did I fail many times!). I remember there was this incident where I was rude to my Sunday school teacher. Thereafter I received a long lecture because that behavior was inappropriate for a child of my standing.
One thing I remember vividly is how I loved to pray. I used to go to prayer meetings with my cousin where I received the name, “Prayer Warrior” (I didn’t even know what that meant but I didn’t like it when people called me by that name). The pressure to live up to a certain standard was unbearable sometimes and with my dad getting sick and all, I started having doubts about who God was. I had such a terrible temper and I used to utter such vulgar words and profanities to my siblings in arguments. I also got into physical fights but I soon found that my tongue was my only asset (I lost these fights miserably😅).
The day my dad passed away was the worst day of my life. I couldn’t believe that I was never going to see him or hear his voice and that infectious laugh again. It was a very dark place for me. I entered into a state of depression and low self-esteem. I didn’t believe I was good enough to be loved. I kept all these feelings to myself and drowned deeper in the sea of toxic emotions. I lived a life where I tried to fit in instead of being who God had made me.
Despite my frailties, I could see the Father drawing me every step of the way. He kept reassuring me of His never ending love for me. Anytime I found myself in a pit and all I could see was darkness, He always came through with His beautiful light and pulled me out. In my teen years, He began to heal the wounds of depression, anger, fear, and rejection. I began to feel the love of the Father like never before. There are many experiences and testimonies I will share as time goes on about His goodness and favour in my life. He broke through all protocol to show me that He was there with me through this journey called life. Journaling was a major part of the healing process.
Dear Papa was given to me by God to remind me that the Father is here with me even when I may not feel Him. In sharing my journey with you I pray you see that your journey matters just as much and one day, He’s going to open your eyes to see why you had to go through what you’ve been through. It is a process…
Today, I choose to walk in the knowledge of who He has made me. I am a child of God! I am the daughter of the King! One who is made for greatness! I may not be perfect but I glory in my weaknesses; for when I am weak His strength is made perfect. 
This is an invitation to you to embark on this journey of discovery. A journey of being submerged in the overwhelming love of God. Faithful is He who has called us and He is not done with us yet. He is Abba. He is Father. He is Daddy. He is Papa...
I love you all and I’m privileged to have you reading my posts. Thank you sooo much!                                                                  
                                          With much love💓,
                                                   Rosaliz.                                                 
   Osofo Ba - Pastor's child

Comments

Post a Comment

I Love To Hear From You!

Popular

Seasons....

Cutting Corners

Made For This!