Love Is...

Dear Papa,
I keep asking myself: “What does love truly mean?” It’s so easy to give a definition according to my myopic point of view. Everyday comes with opportunities to go deeper into this well called LOVE. There are times I discern what You are trying to teach me but other times it’s so hard to swallow the pill You give me. Sometimes, my stubbornness and pride do not allow me to walk in love. In this season, You are teaching me that:
Love Is… not getting upset when people don’t see things the way I do.
Love Is… being willing to sacrifice in order to bring joy to others.
Love Is…  genuinely being happy for others when good things happen in their lives.
Love Is… letting my life speak for itself instead of running my mouth on all my achievements.
Love Is… walking in modesty and not being a know-it-all; being wrong even if the facts say I’m right.
Love Is… being nice to others most especially when I’ve been treated unfairly.
Love Is… looking out for others and not being self-centered.
Love Is… keeping a rein on my emotions and being still when all hell breaks loose.
Love Is… letting go of offences; actually, forgiving and forgetting.
Love Is… desiring that the truth will overcome evil.
Love Is… shielding others and keeping them from harm’s way.
Love Is… giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Love Is…never giving up when plans don’t seem to go as expected.
Love Is…going through the fire and not allowing it to consume me.
Love Is… the only solution.
I know love is a complex phenomenon and it is way beyond my understanding. Love is beautiful and it fights against anything that is not of You in me. Loving others unconditionally is hard work that takes me out of my comfort zone and sets me up against my flesh, mind, and emotions. Most importantly, love is Jesus Christ Himself and He lives in me!! I will not try to love with my own strength but I will rely on Your Spirit that is at work in me. I love You💓!
                                                  Your Child.

Sometimes we try to define love according to what we are comfortable with but love is so much more than what we can fathom with our minds. How about trying to love according to what is stated in 1 Corinthians 13? It is not up to us to select what we feel we can do but we need to seek God’s face and ask Him to teach us how to love. Walking in love comes at a cost…are we willing to pay the price and allow God to shine through us? Thanks a lot for reading! I’m really grateful for your support. Please keep the comments coming in😃. I love to hear from y’all😍! God bless you!!
                                                  Rosaliz.




Comments

Popular

Seasons....

Cutting Corners

Made For This!